August 11th, 2020
12 PM EDT
KNOW Identity Digital Roundtables are centered around disruptive discourse and open dialogue, to create actionable, innovative solutions to pressing industry problems.
Join us on the second Tuesday of every month, to unite with a curated group of industry leaders and future-focused thinkers to ultimately create the future of business.
KNOW Identity August Digital Roundtable
Topic: Scaling your Identity Program for the Next Billion Users
Nascent national digital identity programs, growing consumer and regulatory data privacy demands, and peaking mobile device penetration rates are driving fundamental shifts in the digital identity landscape, set to impact every sector of the global economy. Join One World Identity, executives, and investors from across industries for a deep-dive into how organizations are positioning themselves to tackle the key strategic challenges of leveraging digital identity at scale now, and in the future.
- Tuesday 11, August
- 12:00 pmDoubling Down on Digital Onboarding: Lessons from the FieldWorkshopTravis Jarae (M)CEO
One World IdentityAdam CooperDirector
ID CrowdFilip VerleySenior Product Manager
GoogleFor years, industry operators have focused on enabling frictionless, consumer identity systems while also appropriately managing risk. COVID-19 recently upped the ante, eliminating reliance on face-to-face interactions in favor of digitally-enabled identification and remote proofing. This candid conversation addresses what's been working and what hasn't within unique organizations as well as trends in customer acceptance of newly deployed technologies.
- 12:20 pmBreakout Session: Focus on People & Culture for the Private SectorDiscussionDuring each breakout session, you'll join your industry peers and share "lessons from the field" on how organizations are rapidly deploying remote onboarding solutions with higher levels of assurance.
- 1:00 pmGovernance & Guardrails for Identity Management SystemsWorkshopTravis Jarae (M)CEO
One World IdentityDave BirchGlobal Ambassador
Consult HyperionAs organizations move upstream with remote onboarding capabilities and transactions with higher levels of assurance, implementing a risk-based approach relies upon both centralized and decentralized standards for digital identity systems. Organizations have grappled to deploy identity management systems rapidly, and at scale, citing individual digital identity assurance frameworks and a patchwork of international regulations, as a major challenge. This session addresses the governance challenges organizations face to abide by state, federal, and open-source standards.
- 1:20 pmBreakout Session: Focus on Process & Policy Issues for the Private SectorDiscussionDuring each breakout session, you'll learn how organizations are creating governance guardrails to prepare for deployment of identity management systems. This session encourages active participation on how regulatory challenges and industry standards are enabling (or impeding) your organization's ability to deploy solutions at scale.
- 2:00 pmBeyond Building Blocks: Implementing Identity Systems across the Value ChainWorkshopCameron D’Ambrosi (M)Principal, Advisory Services
One World IdentityGovind ShivkumarInvestments - Beneficial Technologies
Omidyar NetworkNational identity projects, nascent digital identity ecosystems, and regulatory shifts are redefining how verification and proofing are performed and how the resulting data is stored. This session explores how companies, from early-stage stage startups to the enterprise, are building new and leveraging existing technologies to accelerate remote onboarding.
- 2:20 pmBreakout Session: Focus on Technology & Implementation Issues for the Private SectorDiscussionThis open-forum discussion will explore:
- the evolving technological capabilities of electronic ID verification
- new data sources and emerging verification technologies
- implementing identity systems across the value chain, including mobile verification and authentication to power secure interactions
WHAT TO EXPECT
KNOW Identity Digital Roundtable events give identity professionals and leading organizations a platform to unite and spark an open dialogue about specific problems and solutions. OWI Principals will moderate and facilitate the flow of discussions, but the majority of content will be in town hall format in separate virtual breakout rooms. You’ll be able to interact with attendees directly: asking questions, sharing ideas and gleaning insights live. Therefore, the agenda is largely set by you, as you build trusted connections with peers!
The session will begin with our OWI moderator welcoming attendees and introducing the role digital identity plays today and moving into the next wave. This will lead to two simultaneous breakout sessions, structured for 20-minutes each focusing on two unique subtopics.
The two breakout sessions will then be directed back into the main group discussion lead by the OWI moderator for a recap and quick recess. Upon return from the break, the next discussion will begin, which will again lead to simultaneous breakout sessions. This process will occur 3 times throughout the roundtable discussion.
Following the live event, OWI will publish a whitepaper detailing the key findings and takeaways from the sessions, as well as acknowledging the participants. The whitepaper will not attribute direct quotes to any individuals to encourage open, candid discussion.